To generate a Purchase Order to go to Settings -> Stock Control -> Purchase Order and then enter your PIN if required and you will be shown the following Purchase Order Maintenance screen:
You will be shown all current and previous Purchase Orders that have been generated on Salon Control. Next to the Purchase Order there will be the following buttons shown:
- The Edit button will allow you to edit a Purchase Order, please note you can NOT EDIT a Purchase Order that has already arrived and been put through the delivery process.
- The Print button will print off the Purchase Order which you can keep for record keeping or send off to your supplier.
- With the Export To CSV/Excel you are able download a Microsoft Excel version of the Purchase Order which you can keep for record keeping or send off to your supplier.
- The Delete button will allow you to delete a Purchase Order, please note you can NOT DELETE a Purchase Order that has already arrived and been put through the delivery process.
To generate a new Purchase Order simply Click the button and you will be taken to the following screen:
From this screen you are able to generate Purchase Orders either from the Manufacturer or Supplier.
- Purchase Order For Manufacturer – This will allow you to select a particular Product Manufacturer and generate a Purchase Order only for that Manufacturer, for example if you selected “Fudge” it will only generate a Purchase Order for all Fudge products.
- Purchase Order For Supplier – This will allow you to select a particular Supplier for example Salon Concepts. This Purchase Order will only show items products stocked by that particular supplier. Please note you will have to assign a Supplier to a product by going to Settings -> Stock Control -> Product and search for a product, Once you have reached the edit screen for a product please select the supplier from the drop down box as shown:If you don’t have any Suppliers set up up in the drop down box, go to Settings -> Stock Control -> Suppliers to add a new supplier to Salon Control.
For this example we will use the Supplier option, simply Click the Supplier drop down list and Click the desired Supplier in this example we will be using Salon Concepts, once selected Click the button. You will be taken to a Purchase Order which will look similar to the following screen:
The Purchase Order will show all the items that Salon Control knows you will need to have ordered based on your Current Stock levels against your Ideal Stock Holding levels (Sales Based Ordering). So for example we will use the “Membrane Gas” which Salon Control thinks you have 3 of this product in stock but your Ideal Stock Holding level is 4 so it will order 1 to bring your stock levels up to the Ideal Stock Holding level which would be 4.
You can manually adjust the Quantity Ordered fields by Clicking the field and entering a new value. You can also add more products to the Purchase Order by either scanning a product into Scan Bar Code field or using the or buttons.
If you wish to delete a product simply Click the button to remove it, please note that this WILL NOT delete the product from your system it will simply remove it from the Purchase Order screen.
Once you have finished checking your Purchase Order and made any adjustments simply Click the button the complete the Purchase Order.
Add Stock From A Delivery
To add a Delivery of stock to your system go to Settings -> Stock Control -> Delivery and then enter your PIN if required and you will be shown the following Delivery Maintenance screen:
You will be shown all current and previous Deliveries that have been generated on Salon Control. Next to the Deliveries there will be various buttons that will allow you to EDIT, VIEW or DELETE a Delivery, please note you CAN NOT delete a Delivery that has been finalised and added to the system.
To arrive a Delivery Click the button and you will be taken to the Delivery screen as shown below:
First select the Delivery Date and then Click the required Purchase Order from the drop down box, once you have selected the correct Purchase Order Click the button. Salon Control will then load the Purchase Order onto your screen and it will look similar to the following image:
Salon Control will display everything that was put onto that Purchase Order. Please check that everything that arrived in your delivery matches the Purchase Order if it doesn’t change the Quantity Delivered value to what exactly arrived.
If do happen to be missing stock from the delivery you can remove a product from the Purchase Order by Clicking the button next to it to remove it, please note that this WILL NOT delete the product from your system it will simply remove it from the Purchase Order.
You can also add more products to the Purchase Order by either scanning a product into Scan Bar Code field or using the or buttons.
If you are happy with the delivery and you want to finish and add the stock to your system Click the button, if you wish to come back to this delivery and finalise it at a later date Click the button instead.
Now that you have saved and finalised the delivery the stock will be successfully added to the system.