SalonControl allows team members to have a very customisable working schedule. Be that a standard 9-5 every week, or a 16 week rota where everyday has different hours.
It also allows you to overlay changes to the active work rota for any period of time, in fact you are able to overlay any number of changes e.g. day release during term time, but work times in holiday periods etc.
A team member needs to alter their hours for a short period of time, let’s say for 2 week period. This can be achieved by following the process belowThis is achieved by navigating Settings -> Team/Staff Members and then selecting the team member.
- Once on the team members record select the Availability tab
- Click the Copy button which is against their standing availability record
- This will popup the following dialog
- Alter the Description to allow you to identify this avability record e.g. Alter Hours – 15/11/2016 – 26/11/2016
- Enter the Start Date via the popup calendar that this change will be effective from
- Enter the End Date which is the last day of altered hours
- Depending on what you have enter it will look similar to this. I have turned off Wednesday, Thursday and alter the working hours on Friday
- When you have completed, Click Confirm
Once this has been saved, the team member Availability will automatically be altered in the calendar for the period entered. This availability overlay/alteration can be applied for any time period e.g. a day, a week, a month etc.
Key Point: You are advised to add new availbilty records for changes in working times rather than alter existing records as this will change utilisation for past periods.
Remember, if the team member doesn’t appear in the Calendar, ensure that the Display Stylist in Calendar on the Services tab is turned On