SalonControl allows team members to have a very customisable working schedule. Be that a standard 9-5 every week, or a 16 week rota where everyday has different hours.
It also allows you to overlay changes to the active work rota for any period of time, in fact you are able to overlay any number of changes e.g. day release during term time, but work times in holiday periods etc.
Lets build a complex multi-week work rota for a team member. This is achieved by navigating Settings -> Team/Staff Members and then selecting the team member.
- Once on the team members record select the Availability tab
- Click the button and you will be shown the following dialog box.
- Enter a Description e.g. General Hours
- Enter the Start Date via the popup calendar
- Enter the End Date only if there is a defined end date to the employment/contract etc
- Depending on the number of weeks that this rota covers, click the Add New Item button to add additional the additional weeks. This will add additional tabs as below
- Starting with Week 1, enter the Start Time and End Time – The time segments will match your standard diary slots e.g. 15mins
- Once complete, move to the Week 2 tab and repeat
- When you have completed all the week tabs, Click Confirm
Once this has been saved, the team member will be available in the calendar and each week moving through the Calendar will reflect the times you have entered.
If the weeks do not align, with the actual hours worked in a given week, you can either alter the Start Date, or update the Start/End Times and/or days worked
Remember, if the team member doesn’t appear in the Calendar, ensure that the Display Stylist in Calendar on the Services tab is turned On